Covid-19 Yellow Door Services update
This is an exceptionally challenging time for our clients, communities and partner agencies. Here at Yellow Door we recognise that the changes resulting from Coronavirus may have a particularly serious impact on anyone affected by Domestic or Sexual Abuse and particularly on those for whom home is not a safe place. We want to assure you that we at Yellow Door are still here to help.
Due to government advice regarding the Coronavirus we have had to suspend all face to face client services from our premises until further notice. However, we are continuing to provide information, advice, counselling and support via the telephone and online video sessions.
· For information, advice or support about sexual violence/abuse call our Telephone Helpline open 12.00 - 15.00 Mon-Fri : 02380 636313
If you require help in another language please let us know and we will do our best to respond.
· For information, advice or support about domestic violence/abuse for professionals and public call the
PIPPA Helpline open 09.30 – 16.30 Mon-Fri : 02380 917917
We are not a refuge provider. If you need safe accommodation in Southampton call: 02380 671626 or 023 80637550. Remember, even in these exceptional times, if you have immediate fears for the safety of yourself, your children or anyone else you know, please call emergency services on 999.
Advice, help & support out of hours or for specific needs
In addition to the help offered by Yellow Door, you can get immediate support from national services, including many that operate 24 hours, using phone and/or online messaging/email:
· National Domestic Abuse Helpline Freephone 24hr 0808 2000 247.
Online support: www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/Contact-us
· Rape Crisis National Helpline 0808 802 9999 12.00 -14.30 and 19.00 – 21.30 every day.
Online support: www.rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/want-to-talk
· LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428
· Men’s Advice Line for male victims of domestic abuse: 0808 801 0327 or www.mensadviceline.org.uk
· The Mix, free remote counselling and help for under 25’s: 0808 808 4994
· Rights of Women legal advice lines: www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-advice/advice-lines
· For domestic abuse perpetrators and those supporting them Respect Phone line provides a confidential helpline, email and webchat service: 0808 8024040 or www.respectphoneline.org.uk
Childline: - call 0800 1111 or access : https://www.childline.org.uk
Click here for more updates on Yellow Door Services.
Established in 1985, Yellow Door are a friendly, non-judgemental charity specialising in supporting people who have experienced, or are at risk of domestic or sexual abuse.
We offer a range of free therapy, outreach, prevention, advocacy and support services across Southampton and Western Hampshire.
Recent Blog Posts
At Yellow Door we work very hard to ensure all people in our community are aware of what services we have and are safe from harm.
Here is a message from the DIA team. If you need any information or need help, please get in touch
WHAT WE DO
We offer a wide range of specialist therapeutic, supportive and preventative services around the issues of sexual abuse and violence. We can work with you to help you overcome the negative impacts of trauma, violence and abuse.
Find out more about the services available by following the links below.
WHERE WE WORK
We are based in Southampton, where we deliver most of our work. Our services are available to those living across South West Hampshire, including Southampton and its districts, Eastleigh, Test Valley (South) and the New Forest.
The map below shows the locations of our offices, and the services available at each.
For more information on areas we cover, please click here
30 Brookvale Road,
(by appointment only)
Our office is open standard office hours Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Please feel free to contact us regarding our services and our team will be happy to help.
We understand that it might not always be safe or convenient for us to call you back. Please let us know if you have any specific requirements regarding getting in touch with you.
If you are making a waiting list enquiry, please provide your date of birth.
Please ensure you have read and agree to our Privacy Statement before using this form